Thursday, July 8, 2010

Shoulder pain

I have been experiencing pain in my left shoulder quite a bit after I eat. I have read that this referred pain can be a sign there is a problem with the stomach. My surgeon's office seemed clueless when i first brought it up, but I have read many posts on forums from lapbanders with this pain. I assume I am eating too much or eating too fast but sometimes I get pain after a small meal too, or drinking something other than water.

Last night I woke in the middle of the night from pregnancy induced dreams or maybe my husband's snoring... it's debatable. Anyhow, I noticed pain in my back directly behind the stomach area. It was not pleasant, kind of sharp and somehow gave me the impression is was rectangular. Yes, I got an impression that there was a definite shape to my pain. I am not sure what the surgeon's office would suggest because last time they said to see my PCP. I imagine they won't send me for an ultrasound and they won't X-ray since I'm pregnant. I suppose I can wait another day and see what transpires tonight.
I am making sure to eat small meals when I'm hungry and chew well.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I read your post. I have been having mysterious left shoulder pains recently too. I thought it was from gas but your theory makes sense. I am going to watch it more closely. Best of luck! How far along are you? I am new to follow you so sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!