Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bummer - then not so bad after all

I got bad news today. :(

I did not pass the TExES EC-6 Generalist exam. In fact, the minimum passing standard is 240 and I got a 238.

Looks like I will not be able to find a teaching job to begin in the fall. In a way it's okay because I am unsure whether changing positions right now will be a good thing since I'm 10 weeks along in the pregnancy. On the other hand, my salary would have doubled and I could have breathed more easily in terms of finances. I'm looking into my options for retaking the test today. Have a good week!

----15 minutes after writing this my husband called to tell me he got his store! He has been waiting patiently for almost a year as an overpaid assistant manager for a store to open up. A new one is being built and will be opening in a month, but luckily (it's a little bit of a drive) he's getting a closer one! The current manager is transferring to the new store because of her drive. This is so great! I'm so proud of my handsome hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!