Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Getting Pregnant can be a Headache

I don’t know how easy or difficult it has been for other lapbanders to get pregnant before surgery, but it was not a piece of cake either way for me. I realize now after months of just charting my cycle, testing my “fluid”, and checking my temperature, that I needed at least one more helper. Welcome, fertility monitor!

We used the ClearBlue monitor with the smiley face indicator for three months and then yippee! Finally pregnant.

It is important to note that you should have intercourse before that smiley face arrives, hence a good reason to track your cycle because then you have a clue as to when it may be happening. A-ha! Guess what? I use www.mymonthlycycles.com to track my period and fertility symptoms (get yourself a free account). Now, the site will tell you when it thinks you ovulate, but if I had never used a monitor I may not be pregnant now. The site predicted my ovulation at least two days ahead of the monitor every time. It predicts based on the average luteal phase. Makes me wonder if there really are any ‘average’ folks out there.

Okay, I’m not going to go on for brevity’s sake, but if you have any specific questions, just ask me. I am a very happy mom-to-be (again). I am also hoping for a VBAC, if anyone has experience (good/bad) please share.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally going to this site right now! My husband and I have been trying for 3 months now with no luck! I'm also going to try the monitors out this next month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!