Saturday, August 1, 2009

First Taste of Creamy Tomato Soup Post OP

I had a bad recovery day Friday. Thursday night I couldn't sleep because my back ached, my stomach was sore, my arms hurt from the IV hunt, and my leg hurt. I called the surgeon's office at 1 a.m., but by 3 a.m. I was finally falling asleep in my living room armchair. I had to be up by 7 a.m. to set up the garage sale, which was killer.

When I saw my PCP that morning she said I have been doing too much and I need to rest more this week.

After the garage sale I made a trip to the grocery store with my mom to get the soups I needed for week 2 of my liquid diet. I pureed a vegetable soup and was surprised to see what the blender can do. :)

I decided to have tomato soup for lunch and it was the most fabulous thing I had tasted in years. Thanks, lap band! I even saved some of it for dinner.

Later, I got into bed and rented Twilight. Nice love story I suppose, but I had issues with the way the character Bella comes off as such a weak female. Not the role model I truly want for my daughter. I haven't read the books, but they are on my list.

I also saw Knowing with Nicolas Cage. That had some fairly good scenes in it and I do enjoy Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies.

Anyway, I plan on relaxing today after this garage sale... looking forward to rest.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maricela - I've enjoyed reading about your adventures into bandit world, except that your post-op experiences reminded me almost exactly of all of mine last December - ugh. My problem was not wanting to obey the rules of transition between liquid and mush, and mush and solids, so I had a few upsets along the way. But it all settled down in the end. It took nearly six months of monthly fills for the band to work properly, and until then I was convinced I was the exception - so don't get despondent if it takes a while! Read all the bandit bloggers - we all say the same: without doubt it's the best thing we've ever done for ourselves. Lots of luck to you!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I'll feel like the exception too. Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!