Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bland Chicken Makes for a Great Addition

Okay, this month there was nothing better than having lapband and my period together. I'm serious folks. I was barely hungry at all. I could hold off on my 3rd meal for quite some time.
It was so funny and cost effective this week too.

The reason is that last weekend we went out to eat three or four times and I had leftovers of course each night. On Saturday evening we went to the new local China Wok so I could try it out. Problem there being that I had to re-evaluate the menu for a lapbander that does not want trouble, either with sticking or weight gain. I chose plain chicken with veggies and a bowl of hot and sour soup.

I sipped the soup and ate a few ounces of the chicken and veggies. Not great tasting, kind of bland. Well, I decided since the soup was a bit thick, I would load the rest of the chicken into the bowl. I have had four ounces of that for dinner every day this week and now I'm out. :(

This way, I had the delicious taste of hot and sour soup with a bonus of soft chicken thrown in. I'm tossing around the idea of becoming something of a vegetarian with carnivorous tendencies... is there such a thing? Frankly, I don't see how I might accomplish this anytime soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!