Sunday, July 26, 2009

First Day Out


Today was exhausting. I woke up thinking I was having chest pain over my heart, but when I moved to get out of bed, the pain quickly moved up to my shoulder area again.

First, I went to Target with Richard & Madeline to get a weigh scale for my food and some groceries for the week. Almost everything for me was a liquid, just the jello is slightly solid. I held onto the cart and walked very slowly.

Richard wanted me to possibly get out of the house today so he could work uninterrupted in the garage. (cleaning it out)In the afternoon I called my mom and asked if she wanted to take Madeline somewhere, again Richard insisted I should go along too.

I ended up at Cheddars for lunch with my parents and Madeline. Weird, huh? I mean, I'm only two days out from surgery, way too sore, and can't eat or drink anything at the restaurant. Well, I'll tell you I wasn't hungry at all, even when I smelled that good lookin' barbecue at the table over one. My mom told me again that she was proud of me for putting myself through this misery so that I can feel better and possibly live longer for my family.

Madeline got a Cookie Monster, which is a large cookie a la mode. My parents both had regular meals & I sipped a EAS Myoplex vanilla shake. Maybe got a whole ounce into my stomach.

After the lunch my parents decided they wanted to take me to Avenue and Lane Bryant to look for clothes that will fit me within the next month. I did end up getting a few things, some pants that will need to be hemmed and a belt (first time I've had one of those in awhile).I still haven't finished this water bottle I started the day with. I have to get up to drinking four of them in a day.

I am trying to stomach jello right now. The nurse had said to hold it in my mouth until it dissolves.

I'm pretty exhausted, I think I will go take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you are wiped out. The first outing I had was maybe 4 days after, just picking up my daughter from preschool. I was beat.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!