Monday, July 27, 2009

3rd Day out

Today is the 3rd day out from my surgery. I woke feeling stronger and attempted to do some of the things I normally do as wife & mother around the house. I was able to drink my protein shake today, took well over an hour. Then I had what I thought was phlegm because I was coughing (ouch, right?) When I swallowed though, it tasted of regurgitated food. ugh. I almost finished a 1 pint water bottle so far today... have to work my way up to 4 of them daily.

My breathing strength comes and goes and I probably should have called the surgeon's office. I will in the morning.

I tried to put away laundry that Richard did over the weekend and then I was exhausted and took a nap. When I woke up I thought it was the next day already. Richard came home early and we relaxed in the living room.

TMI, I had my first bowel movement. (that's always good news after surgery)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!